APPLY BY March 15, 2020
As a Customer Service Representative your work will have a big impact on providing legendary customer service to both our external and internal clients in a call centre environment. People will count on you to provide information and quickly resolve their inquiries in a professional manner. We are looking for a highly motivated and organized individual with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our team!
Here are a few ways you’ll make a difference:
- Be a knowledge leader on our policies, products, services, and initiatives
- Ensure that daily call centre metrics are met while taking a high volume of inbound calls
- Provide quality customer service, maintaining low hold times, and documenting files in a clear and concise manner
- Perform other ad hoc duties or projects as assigned by your manager
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Completion of High School diploma is required
- University degree or College diploma is preferred
- Willing to pursue your Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
Abilities & Knowledge:
- Customer service and sales experience preferred
- Insurance experience is considered an asset
- Superior organizational skills, results-oriented, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong resourcefulness, ability to work autonomously, and committed to self-development
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent listening and communication skills with the ability to foster strong working relationships
- Must be flexible to work 35 hours a week during our business hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Statutory holidays
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work (Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Aon Platinum Best Employers, LinkedIn Top Company, Glassdoor Best Place to Work & Top CEO, Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces)
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that you’ll be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on March 15, 2020 at 11:59pm.