Saint Elizabeth Health Care
- We are offering up to $19.50 (for direct client care). Candidates must have PSW Certificate.
- Paid travel time, between clients
- Mobile device provided
- 3 uniforms provided
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Great social committee, with monthly events
- Subsidized OPSWA memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks ® , which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
Qualifications accepted to work as a PSW:
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Nursing student (2 clinical placements completed)
- Home Support Level 2 or level 3 from a recognized curriculum
- Valid Developmental Support Worker Certificate
- Valid Certificate as a Health Care Aid
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Attendant
- Graduates of a Paramedic Program
- current First Aid / CPR Certificate
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Current immunization record (TB test completed within the past 12 months) is required upon hire
- Current vulnerable sector check screening is required upon hire
- Availability to work days OR evenings including weekends
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work well within a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes.
- Basic computer skills would be an asset.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement