The London college of Hygiene & medicine LSHTM within the Britain is giving the Jeroen Ensink Memorial Scholarship for SM publically Health for Development in the 2020/21 school term.
Jeroen Ensink was a Senior Lecturer publically Health Engineering at the London college of Hygiene & medicine and a Course Director for the SM Public Health for Development between 2009 and 2015.
Jeroen was stormily committed to a straightforward cause: rising access to water and sanitation in countries wherever youngsters still die needlessly because of the dearth of those basic services. As a research worker and pedagogue, his career crossed several continents, living and dealing in Asian and African countries, collaborating with varied universities and international agencies. He was a natural pedagogue and vastly fashionable students in whom he invested with a lot of time and energy. He provided support and inspiration in equal live and lots of of his students are currently prospering researchers and public health professionals in their title.
Following his death on twenty nine December 2015, the college established a Memorial Fund in his name to support students from Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia United Nations agency are committed to rising public health in low- or middle- financial gain countries and need to undertake the SM Public Health for Development programme.
A full scholarship covers:
- full-time overseas tuition fees for 2020-21 (including the necessary jaunt fee);
- flights from the student’s home country to the uk, and come back on expiration of the scholarship (to be engaged by the Scholarships team in Registry); and
- a tax free regular payment (living allowance) of GBP seventeen,175.00.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
To be eligible for a scholarship beneath this fund, candidates must:
- have been accepted onto the 2020-21 SM Public Health for Development course; and
- have incontestable a commitment to scrub (water, sanitation and hygiene); and
- be a national of 1 of the subsequent desert African or South Asian countries: Afghanistan; Angola; Bangladesh; Benin; Botswana; Bhutan; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Republic of Congo; Democratic Republic of Congo; Djibouti; Equatorial Guinea; Ethiopia; Eritrea; Gabon; Gambia; Ghana; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; India; Ivory Coast; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Maldives; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nepal; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Rwanda; national capital and Príncipe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Sudan; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Swaziland; Tanzania; Togo; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
- Preference are going to be given to those candidates with expertise or interest within the space of water, sanitation, hygiene and public health.
- Applicants should meet the School’s minimum West Germanic Proficiency needs if shortlisted for this funding.
Application Deadline: March 29, 2020.
Applicants ought to follow each steps made public below by the scholarship point in time.
Step 1: Submit Associate in Nursing application for study for the SM Public Health for Development, via the School’s Admissions portal.
Please make sure that all the required supporting documents are uploaded to your study application before the Scholarship point in time.
Applicants are inspired to speak with their referees as early as potential within the application method, notifying them of this point in time.
It is the responsibility of the individual to make sure that their references are submitted by the scholarship cut-off date.
Step 2: Submit a Scholarship Application, via the School’s on-line Scholarship Application, indicating that you simply are applying for the 2020-21 Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship. As a part of this application, you must transfer
- a complete summary (CV), and
- a statement of motivation of no over one,000 words. Your statement of motivation ought to address the following:
- a brief life story of your life and career, elucidative your commitment to scrub, and
- your reasons for selecting the SM Public Health for Development, and
- your future plans and ambitions within the field of public health.
- Applicants should submit each CV and also the statement of motivation with their scholarship application to be thought of for this funding, even if they’ll have already submitted a press release with their application for admission.
- Applicants could favor to tailor this statement for the funding (and so submit one thing totally different to their commonplace SM programme application statement).
- Applicants ought to remember that their application for this scholarship award is also thought of aboard the documents submitted for his or her application to the SM Public Health for Development programme.
- If you encounter any technical difficulties while mistreatment the web scholarships form, within the 1st instance please attempt clearing your browser cache and make sure that you’re mistreatment the most recent version of Chrome, Firefox, web someone or expedition. If this doesn’t fix your technical issue, please contact the School’s IT Services team, providing your full name; the scholarship that you simply are applying for; and also the technical issue that you have encountered. Please additionally attach a screenshot wherever potential. [email protected]