Thomson Reuters Foundation invitations applications for the funded coverage on Human trafficking and modern slavery in Kingdom of Thailand, in 2020.
As well as coming back away with a deep understanding of the dimensions, nature and causes of the matter, participants can study efforts to line world standards for combating fashionable slavery, as well as basic conventions, international instruments and a replacement, lawfully binding protocol that needs countries to require real action.
Attendees can inspect innovative approaches to fighting trafficking and compelled labour and coverage on migration and scrutinize the hunt for integrated policy responses across borders.
A major focus are on the ethics of coverage slavery, from the way to move sensitively with traumatized survivors to obtaining past journalists’ own create mentally notions and stereotypes. we are going to cowl questions of safety, significantly once it involves addressing sources and coverage on unionized crime.
This is a chance to choose the brains of reporters United Nations agency have done extraordinary inquiring work or ground-breaking reporting that has modified policy, aggravated public outcry or brought traffickers to justice. Attendees will pay time with consultants and people at the coal face of the anti-slavery movement and migration crisis, as well as some United Nations agency are trafficked themselves and gone on to assist others move from “victims” to “survivors”.
Thomson Reuters Foundation can fund travel expenses and accommodation for participants movement from outside capital of Thailand.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- Applicants should be regular journalists or regular contributors to media organisations in Kingdom of Thailand.
- The course are in English and Thailand.
- They will give translation via AN interpreter.
- If you’ve got been on a Thomson Reuters Foundation educational program inside the last 2 years you’ll not be eligible to use
Application Deadline: May 04 2020
When applying you’ll be asked to transfer the subsequent documents – please have these ready:
- Please complete the survey at the link on their web site
- 2 relevant work samples (maximum file size five MB) – in English if attainable. For stories not in English, please embody a 250-word English outline regarding the story.
- A letter from your editor willing to your participation within the program and committing to publish/broadcast ensuing stories
- Please note you’ll be asked to submit one or a lot of story concepts inside your application.