The aim of the programme is to boost participants’ underneath standing of law of nations and of the Court’s procedures by actively involving them within the work of the Court and permitting them to realize expertise under the management of a choose. every participant is appointed to at least one choose for a amount of around 10 months, from early Sept to June/July of the subsequent year. throughout this era, participants will expect to attend public hearings of the Court, analysis and write memorandums on legal queries or factual aspects of unfinished cases, and have some involvement in different aspects of the Court’s work, the particulars of which can rely on the Court’s docket and therefore the operating strategies of the choose to whom they’re appointed.
Work may additionally involve helping the choose with conferences, speeches and different duties. Participants can work aboard AN associate legal officer, United Nations agency is that the primary paralegal of every choose and is utilized by the international organization for a amount of 2 to four years.
- The Programme was established in 1999 to modify recent law graduates to realize expertise functioning at the ICJ.
- It aims to boost participants’ underneath standing of law of nations and of the Court’s procedures by actively involving them within the work of the Court and permitting them to make on their expertise under the management of a choose.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- The programme is very selective.
- The Court accepts up to fifteen participants a year, usually with no over one from every nominating university.
- The Court appearance particularly for candidates United Nations agency have glorious leads to their law studies and who have studied, printed or worked in law of nations.
- To be eligible, candidates ought to be thirty one years more matured or younger at the time the programme begins.
- This demand is also waived in special circumstances.
- In creating its choice, the Court seeks candidates of numerous nationalities.
- The official languages of the Court are English and French, and participants should have glorious reading, writing and oral skills in a minimum of one among these.
- Working information of the second official language is AN plus.
Application Deadline: February 14, 2020.
Candidates are asked to submit the subsequent application materials through their universities:
- A letter of sponsorship from the university for the candidate;
- form and outline table, crammed in by the candidate;
- 2 or 3 letters of reference;
- Official educational records of the candidate;
- One writing sample of no over fifteen pages.