Leading Africa Young World Summit in London is presently acceptive applications for the Leading Africa Scholarship to attend the Summit in Muenchen from 14 – 17 October 2020.
The Leading Africa Scholarship is associate initiative designed to make sure that outstanding adolescents from Africa are portrayed at the One Young World Summit 2020 in Muenchen.
Africa is host to the biggest population of adolescents within the world, with over 60% of its population beneath the age of twenty five. With 72% of its labour force in “vulnerable” employment and a number of other countries experiencing challenges of governance and violent political theory, the Fourth technological revolution might offer a lifeline to the present young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they need the power to rework their regions, whether or not it’s in governance, energy, infrastructure, drugs and on the far side.
In the interior of those challenges and opportunities, it’s young leaders World Health Organization are fashioning significant methods to create a a lot of property region.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Muenchen, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between fourteen Gregorian calendar month and seventeen October 2020.
- Catering which incorporates breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and also the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of visit and from Muenchen. Your flight to and from Muenchen should depart from and come to 1 and also the same international airfield.
Please note that if you’re ultimately selected for a Scholarship and need a visa to enter the united kingdom to attend the One Young World Summit 2019, you may be needed to pay the united kingdom visa fee yourself. the united kingdom visa prices £93 GBP and the applicable service fee of your native visa application centre. the prices of the visa and also the applicable service fee further as to any extent further costs related to the visa application (including visit and from the visa application centre) fall on you because the participant.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
You are eligible for support if you:
- Are between the ages of eighteen – thirty
- Have associate proven commitment to delivering positive modification
- Demonstrate capability for leadership
- Are addressing key native and/or world problems in your work
- Have a documentation of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of 1 of the countries listed on the web site
Application Deadline: April 8, 2020.
The application for this scholarship is on-line
The strongest candidates are shortlisted by the top of might. you may be contacted on an individual basis by a member of the One Young World team if you have got been shortlisted.
They cannot guarantee any someone that they’ll be shortlisted or that we’ll secure support for any shortlisted applicant.
Priority are given to candidates from countries that are less portrayed at previous One Young World Summits.
Priority also will tend to first-time Summit attendees (not OYW Ambassadors).
Due to the overwhelming quantity of applications we have a tendency to receive, One Young World is unable to reply to individual emails enquiring regarding the result of the Leading Africa choice method.
They do not offer feedback on why candidates aren’t selected .
For tips about submitting a victorious application, click here