Newcastle University within the kingdom invitations applications for the Wellcome Trust Scholarship in MA History of medication in the 2020/21 year.
Their team-taught History of medication MA attracts upon the written account and geographical breadth of analysis experience at port, starting from international case history to classical medication, and encompassing the medieval, early trendy and modern eras, and British, European, South Asian and yank histories.
Located inside the varsity of History, Classics and anthropology, the programme provides students with distinctive opportunities to explore completely different methodologies that might expand the scope and ambitions of their analysis by choosing a module from another degree programme.
Students on the programme may profit of resources coordinated by port University’s Humanities analysis Institute, specifically a medical humanities analysis network, and therefore the Challenge work funding theme, that permits groups of port University students to develop knowledge domain and cooperative analysis comes inside the humanities, or between the humanities and different subject areas.
Award holders also will enjoy a series of workshops designed to assist them apply their analysis skills, develop scholarly person analysis comes and enhance their career prospects inside and on the far side academe.
- The scholarship includes the UK/EU rate of tuition fee. one hundred pc of UK/EU fees and associate annual living allowance of £15,000 and a private analysis and development fund of £500.
- Successful international candidates are going to be needed to fund the distinction between UK/EU fees and international fees.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
The scholarships are hospitable kingdom, EU and international candidates who:
- hold a suggestion of admission for the MA History of medication
- hold, or expect to attain, a priority mail degree or international equivalent
- Applicants with a high a pair of.1 degree can also be thought of.
- Part-time candidates ought to contact Dr Vicky Long, to debate their eligibility for the scholarship before applying.
If your natural language isn’t English you wish IELTS half dozen.5 (with 6.5 in writing and five.5 all told different sub-skills), or equivalent.
Application Deadline: April 3, 2020.
Applications should be submitted by email to [email protected] and may embrace the following:
- a personal statement of no quite one facet of A4, outlining why you would like to check the MA within the History of medication
- a proposal for your masters’ treatise project of no quite one facet of A4
- a CV of no quite a pair of sides of A4