The Ford Foundation offers the nongovernmental organization Leadership Transition Fellowship Programme (LTFP) for Civil society/NGO leaders in continent within the USA in 2020.
ARNOVA and AROCSA, in partnership with the Ford Foundation, have established the nongovernmental organization Leadership Transition Fellowship Program (LTFP) in continent. This program is meant for senior civil society/NGO leaders WHO are considering or have determined to maneuver on from their existing nongovernmental organization. This program seeks to assist that leader develop a succession arrange among the organization, ponder a private transition arrange and conjointly preserve their knowledge and knowledge.
The objectives of the LTFP in continent are to: Contribute to the method of creating a subsidiary infrastructure for leadership transition among the nongovernmental organization movement in Africa, and promote the creation of leadership areas for following generation of leaders in continentn civil society to grow and try and increase the documentation of leadership experiences/reflections and renewal processes among civil society in Africa.
- Stipend: $9,000 covering living support for the 3 months throughout the autumn semester at a North American country university
- Housing: one single stocked with bedchamber, during a 2-bedroom flat shared with one different fellow for 3 months in Indianapolis
- Health insurance through IN University for 3 months in Indianapolis
- SEVIS fee
- Economy category ticket from home country to the North American country for the semester at IN University in Indianapolis
- Costs associated with attending the 2020 ARNOVA North yankee annual conference
- Costs associated with attending the gap and shutting retreats within the program
- Up to $1000 travel funds to attend the AROCSA conference in Gregorian calendar month 2021
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- Executive Director of associate nongovernmental organization in geographic area, and from geographic area, seeking to transition aloof from their nongovernmental organization
- Approval from the board to require a sabbatical from work from Sep – Nov 2020
- Candidate should be on top of forty (40) years older
- Candidate should are within the government leadership position for a minimum of 10 (10) years
- Candidate should be a full time paid workers of the nongovernmental organization
- Medical fitness certified by a certified medical doctor
Please Note: The transition for the program is outlined within the context of “an nongovernmental organization leader exiting the NGO within which he/she has been in its financial condition and paid workers leadership position for a minimum of ten years, and stepping into a distinct nongovernmental organization, academia, business, government or going into retirement.
Once a suggestion is formed, participation might not be delayed
Application Deadline: March 4, 2020.
Applicants are needed to use for the Fellowship through the electronic application on the ARNOVA web site.
Applications should embody the following:
- Completed electronic application forms
- Copy of current passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of advice (including one from the nongovernmental organization Board Chair indicating that the board is aware and approves of the applicant’s participation within the fellowship)
- V. 3-5 page (double house, 12pt font with one-inch margins) personal statement that features, however not restricted to, the explanation for collaborating within the fellowship and anticipated fellowship objectives that the applier seeks to realize.
- If hand-picked, you may be needed to complete and document a comprehensive assessment of your health standing.
To view the medical type and acquaint yourself with needed medical examinations,
check their web site.