The University of Australian state invitations applications for a PhD scholarship in Synthesis of biomimetic materials within the 2020/2021 year.
As a vicinity of academic Alan Rowan’s ARC Laureate fellowship this project aims to grasp however soft materials within the organic structure may be exactly modelled to provide refined and responsive materials.
For this project, in an exceedingly synthetic/rheological approach, the candidate can examine material changes as a perform of chemical modification of semiflexible polymers. By modifying the compound structure, the stiffness and turbinate pitch of the polymers may be altered and also the impact upon bundling studied. Ultimately, the project aim are going to be to characterise what the structural parameters are that management the onset and gradient of the strain stiffening – the 2 key parameters of biomimetic hydrogels.
The knowledge domain nature of the project, and numerous background of researchers inside the Sorbus aucuparia cluster, can give the candidate with access to leading edge instrumentation and coaching in new analysis areas like high-resolution research, tissue culture, natural philosophy and technology.
The outcomes of this project are going to be applied in tissue engineering and medicine through to responsive soft matter and artificial intelligence.
- Annual $28,092 tax
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- Applications are invited from outstanding and overenthusiastic, international and domestic graduates of high learned calibre as proved by a high score Average (GPA) and can have a primary category honours, Masters degree or equivalent. Past analysis publication output is fascinating.
- The candidate ought to have a background in physical organic and/or compound chemistry, with expertise in structural and material characterisation.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020.
To be thought-about for this scholarship, please email the school
- Cover Letter that addresses however you meet the necessities for participation within the project
- Detailed educational CV with a spotlight on past analysis and laboratory skills and details of 2 referees
- Academic transcript/s
- Please note the following: Submitting the on top of documents doesn’t represent a full application for admission into The University of Queensland’s PhD program.
- If you’re hand-picked because the most well-liked soul, you’ll then be invited to submit a full application for admission.